I have this memory of my mom falling sick once when I was really young. She was down with a bad cold, cough, fever – you know everything with the flu. So, an old lady staying on the floor below called my mom over because she had a “Home Remedy” (yup, doctor is the last resort, always!) That home remedy is called Seera.
Eversince then whenever I fell sick, my mom would make that for me even if it didn’t help with certain problems. I just loved it because it was hot, soft and a bit sweet. It was like her trademark remedy to fix me. I loved it! I would have her make it for me even when I was not ill.
My dad says its not good for cold, but it’s definitely good for a sore throat – so try it then!
- 4 – 6 tbsp Wheat Flour
- 1 – 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 – 2 cups Water (depending on your choice of consistency)
- 2 – 4 tbsp Sugar (0 – 1 is Better, but I enjoy sweet sometimes)
- 3 – 4 finely chopped Almonds
- pinch of Cardamom Powder
- Place a wok with ghee on medium heat.
- Add wheat flour and cook it for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and water. Let it cook while continuously stirring it. Consistency will change as you cook it longer.
- Cook for at least 2 to 5 minutes.
- Add chopped almonds and cardamom powder.
- Pour it in a bowl or a mug, and enjoy it hot!