- 300 grams Prawns
- 2 tbsp minced Mint Leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1-1.5 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1/2 cup of minced Chillies
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- Fried Chopped Garlic
- Clean the prawns thoroughly. Peel the shells from the prawns. And make a cut along the back of the prawn and pull out the vein. It is important to devein the prawn. Wash and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add the prawns and the marinade ingredients: minced mint leaves, salt, fresh lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, minced chillies and garlic.
- Leave prawn in marinade for 2-3 hours or overnight in refrigerator for best taste.
- Fill a half a pot with water and bring to boil.
- Place a steamer utensil on the pot or use a steamer if available.
- Arrange the prawns on the steamer utensil and cover with foil.
- Leave it to steam for 4 – 8 minutes. Check on the 4th minute to see progress.
- Make sure not to over-steam as it will become very chewy.
- Arrange it on serving dish and sprinkle the fried chopped garlic over the prawns.
*Optional: Stir Fry for 2 minutes if you don’t like steamed prawns.