Chicken or meat burger is too main stream so I tried a “vegan burger”. If you notice, Nagev Burger is Vegan Burger the other way around. I was too tired to name it something more fun. This will do till my cookbook isn’t published 😉
Vegan isn’t that bad actually. I made the patty thick and meaty looking so it was very satisfying. Although to make it look more like a meat burger, you can melt a cheddar cheese slice on it. I skipped that because I don’t enjoy cheese so much. Anyhow, time for the recipe!
- 3 cups cooked Wheat Flour Penne
- 2 cups boiled (softened) Blacks Beans/Chick Peas or Black eyed Peas
- 1 tbsp Paprika Powder
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 5-7 halves Cherry Tomatoes or sun dried tomatoes
- 1 big chopped Onion
- 3 cloves minced Garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 big thinly sliced Tomato
- BBQ Sauce
- Chilified BBQ Sace (BBQ Sauce + Red Chili Powder)
- Sriracha Yellow Chili Sauce
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Prepare the cooked penne and boiled beans. Add them to the food processor.
- Season it with salt, barbecue sauce, paprika powder and black pepper powder.
- Continue to churn all the ingredients in a food processor till thoroughly mixed and mashed.
- Add cherry tomatoes. Continue to churn for at least 2 minutes.
- Take out the patty mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add oil in a medium heat pan with onion and salt seasoning. Stir, then add minced garlic. Cook till translucent.
- Next, add the sautéed onion to the patty mixture. You can add more salt and paprika seasoning.
- Mix the patty mixture for at least 20-30 seconds before making thick, meaty patties.
- Oil your fingers before rolling up patties in hand.
- Scoop at least 2-3 tablespoons for a patty.
- Form the patty and place it on the tray.
- Drizzle oil around the patties, and start baking.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 40 minutes.
To make a burger:
- Place a lettuce onto bottom bun.
- Spoon bbq chili sauce (red chili powder mixed into barbeque sauce) on top of the lettuce.
- Add your baked patty.
- Squeeze out a small amount of wasabi and yellow chili sauce on the patty.
- Place a thinly sliced tomato. Spoon some more of the ‘chilified’ bbq sauce.
- Cover with top bun and HOG!!
Check out the video on OlioVida’s channel, click here