Well we changed it up today for breakfast using left over chapatis in place of poha. It’s a typical Indian breakfast or snack dish. We love it for breakfast any day or even everyday if possible. It is light and easy to make. Try it out for yourself.
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 fine chopped Onions
- 2 small chopped Tomatoes
- 1-2 small boiled, chopped Potatoes
- 10-12 Curry Leaves
- 4 – 5 chopped Green Chilis
- 1-2 tsp Salt (to taste)
- 2 tsp Poha Masala (Jeeravan Powder)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1-2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup chopped Coriander (Cilantro)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 3 – 5 Roti (chapatis torn into small pieces)
- Heat a pan with oil, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion, potatoes, curry leaves and green chilis. Cook till onions turn golden.
- Add tomatoes, coriander with turmeric, red chili powder seasoning and salt. Cook well till tomatoes wilt.
- Add pieces of rotis then sprinkle Poha masala or also known as Jeeravan powder. Cook well for at least 2 – 4 minutes.
- Plate it and sprinkle lemon juice to enjoy your Roti Poha.
Follow me to eat more on Facebook and Instagram