The classic cheesecake. Who doesn’t love a good cheesecake. The first time I baked one, it failed miserably. I ate it as cookie crumble with ice cream. It definitely tasted good that way, but that is no real cheesecake. My second attempt was epic. I made it for my boyfriend who loves the classic cheesecakes. He wanted me to try it out and so I did. Lucky him…it worked out. So now it’s my number 2 best bake after Banana cupcakes.
3 important things to remember:
- Don’t stress
- Keep all ingredients at Room Temperature before using!!
- CALM DOWN
- 1 pound (2 cups) Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Corn Starch OR 1 tbsp Flour
- 1/2 of 1/2 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Eggs
- 10-12 Digestive Biscuits
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Prepare the biscuit crumble using a rolling pin or ground the biscuit in grinder.
- Add butter to the crumble and mix, till it sticks together.
- Place a parchment paper in the baking mould. Place and press the crumble evenly in the mould.
- Bake the crust at 150-180 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the cheesecake. Mix cream cheese and sugar for 1 minute.
- Add flour, sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla essence and eggs in a mixing bowl. Mix for at least 1 minute.
- Once ready, pour the cheesecake batter on top of the baked crust.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes till the top is slightly brown.
- Let the cake cool down then place it in the fridge for at least an hour before consumption.
IT IS READY TO SLICE THROUGH