Many many months ago my friends I went for lunch at a restaurant called Salt & Pepper here in Bangkok. It’s located in Central World (a shopping complex in Bangkok). My friend recommended a pasta which sounded enticing, but I wanted to eat it to believe it. Obviously that pasta was Tom Yam Flavored with Prawns. Basically Thai Soup flavor.
Ever since then I’ve been craving it at the thought of cooking a pasta. Also I’ve been thinking to make it at home. So..why go all the way to a restaurant 150 km away from home, when I can probably make it myself? No clue. And so, yesterday I gave it a shot! It was not perfect, but I know exactly what needs fixing to make it a 99.9% A-OK. Let’s get ready 😀
Tom Yam Pasta (Veg Recipe)
- Tom Yam Paste (you can find veg or prawn flavored)
- 2 stalks Lemongrass chopped
- 4 Galangal roots diced
- 6-8 Kaffir Leaves
- 4-5 Red Chili diced
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Soya Sauce (or Fish Sauce)
- 6 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Spring Onions sliced
- 1/3 cup Coconut Milk (or Regular cream)
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Olive Oil
- 1 pack Fettuccini (Boil. Drain. Run through cold water, sprinkle Olive Oil & Salt, mix)
- Pour oil into a wok. Add tom yam paste and diced red chili. Stir Fry well.
- Add lemongrass, galangal roots and kaffir leaves. Mix well till fragrant.
- Add spring onions and coconut milk or regular cream. Stir for 30 seconds.
- Time to add your boiled & drained Fettuccini.
- Add lemon juice and soya sauce. Mix till evenly distributed.
- Switch off your heat. Keep pasta in wok for a minute to absorb flavor.
Note: For non vegetarians – Add prawns/chicken after almost boiling Step 3.