My all time favorite Indian mithai (dessert) is Nariyal ka ladoo. Nariyal is coconut. Ladoo is ball-shaped sweets. So nariyal ka ladoo is coconut ball-shaped sweet. It is simple, sweet and soft. It can just melt in your mouth if made right. So let me tell you, you’ve got this…
Nariyal ka Ladoo
- 500 gram grated Coconut
- 1 tsp of Cardamom powder
- 1 cup of Condensed Milk
- 2 tbsp of chopped/crushed almonds
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee
- Heat ghee in a pan, add grated coconut.
- Stir the grated coconut till you don’t hear the ‘zzzz’ sound. This means the coconut still has moisute, which you want to remove.
- Add the condensed milk and mix. Coconut should almost be binding. Moist enough to make a ball.
- Switch off the heat.
- Add cardamom powder (and nuts).
- Cool the mixture slightly. Around 1-2 minutes.
- Make the ladoo.
- Store the coconut ladoo in an airtight jar and refrigerate.