I am sure some of you have heard of the famous Basil Stir Fried Chicken from Thailand. It’s almost like fast-food here or a staple meal. When people cannot think of what to order at restaurants or road-side shops, they order
PHAT KRAPHAO KAI (basil stir fried chicken).
My entire family can eat this everyday, literally everyday. Whenever we eat out, we have to order this dish otherwise my father and sister won’t feel “satisfied” or even eat. Unfortunately, I can’t join them on their passionate love for Kraphao Kai. I mean I do love it, but not eat-it-everyday kind. That is why to tweak it up for myself and enough to satisfy my dad, I made Kraphao Kai Kob. Kob is just fried/crunchy chicken.
Kraphao Kai Kob
- 500 grams Boneless Chicken or Regular KFC
- 2-3 tbsp of minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp of minced Green & Red chilies
- 3 tbsp of Mushroom Sauce
- 3 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp of Fish Sauce
- 1-2 tsp of Salt
- 1 tbsp of Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Red Chili powder (optional)
- 1 cup of Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup of diced Long Beans
- 3 tbsp oil
- Chop the KFC (boneless pieces), or
- Dice boneless chicken and dip in Tempura flour, then onto breadcrumbs. This gives it the perfect crunch texture. Deep fry it.
Kraphao Kai Kob –
- Place the oil in medium heat pan. Add the minced garlic and chilies. Stir until fragrant.
- Add the fried chicken and mix carefully. Keep the heat low, to not lose the crunch.
- Add the mushroom, oyster and fish sauce and seasoning – salt & sugar. Mix carefully!
- Once it is mixed thoroughly, add the basil leaves and beans.
- AND IT’S READY!!!!
Note – You can add the chicken at the end, to keep the crunch the strongest.