Yesterday was another vegetarian day for me, so I cooked up another vegetarian meal. We had some fresh paneer aka cottage cheese which is always exciting to many Indians, so I mashed it and cooked up Paneer keema. Keema means minced meat, but in this case it’s minced paneer. You can mash it/chop it anything but it doesn’t need to be in big pieces.
Paneer Keema on a Leaf
- 1-2 cups of Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1 sliced onion
- 4 diced Green Chili
- 1 tbsp of Coriander powder (Dhaniya powder)
- 1 tsp Turmeric (Haldi)
- 2 tbsp of Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds (Zeera)
- Optional for more taste: White pepper powder and Cayenne Chili Powder
- Cabbage Leaf
- Add onion, cumin seeds to oil in a pan, on medium heat.
- Add paneer and mix.
- Add the condiments- salt, turmeric, coriander powder, red chili powder and the optional (cayenne and white pepper powder). Add chopped green chilis.
4. Mix properly, till the moisture of the paneer (cottage cheese) somewhat evaporates.
5. Take a leaf (layer) of a cabbage and rub some lime on it. Spoon the cooked paneer onto the leaf.
Pinch some fresh lime juice on top and Ta-daaaa ready to eat!
Check my Facebook page for quick video of this cooking session!