This dessert is my favorite! I remember I first made this dessert during my undergrad days, 5-6 years ago. I even took it to university to treat my friends with this something new, as I mostly took cupcakes/cakes. Now finally this year, this month I made it. Fortunately this time my sister could enjoy what I prepared since she always complains that I only cook something when she leaves (for India). This time she’s home for a month long holiday along with her friends. And the best part is that my S.O’s. family loved it too! My chef mode stays on pretty much throughout the year and I think this easy recipe will make you join in too 🙂
The Sweet Trio
- Digestive biscuits
- 2-4 tbsps Butter
- Marshmallow (plain)
- 1/4 cup Milk (depending on amount of marshmallow – to melt)
- 1 pack Jello
- Break the biscuits and put it in a grinder with butter. Let it grind!
- Check the biscuits if it is properly broken down to crumbs.
- Place it in whatever mold you want and press it down with a spoon. This helps it stay, stay in shape.
- Freeze this biscuit layer for at least 40-45 minutes.
- Put marshmallows in a pot with milk. Milk 1/4 of the marshmallow amount. Stir it well till marshmallow melts.
- Pour melted marshmallow onto the biscuit layers. Make sure it is around 1cm, if you use small cup like mine. Just make sure all layers are equal.
- Freeze marshmallow layer for at least 40-45 minutes.
- To prepare the next layer of jello/jelly, just follow the packet instructions. Pour the jello mixture in 1 cup of boiling water, stir till dissolved. Then add 1 cup cold water.
- Pour this jello liquid on top of marshmallow layer. Refrigerate till the jello is done well!
- And The Sweet Trio is ready.
Note: Serves 8 – 10
To keep up with my cookbook recipes be a part of OlioVida page 🙂