It’s been a while since my last post, but my cooking is 100% on! Things are tastier and heavenly now more than ever, you need to see this to believe it. It was a Saturday when I planned to make this chicken dish because the actual chicken or meat day (Sunday) we had plans to go out.
This chicken dish, a surprise chicken roll needed my patience, which I can some times lose while cooking. Firstly, it’s hot, it’s always hot and then cooking in this climate for me is no fun, but still needed. Baking is still easier because you are allowed to switch on the corner fans as it won’t blow off the gas. Anyhow, this amazing sizzling cheese oozing chicken roll is a dish you need to have on your taste buds!!
My dad, my mom and my sister loved it…and I, I would’ve if only I saved some for myself. Although I did have a tiny bite, but just not enough to enjoy and indulge like my family.
Cheesy Chicken Roll
- 5-8 stems of Celery
- Bunch of spinach
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 2-3 tbsp of Mozzarella cheese (as per choice)
- 1 tbsp of Garlic paste
- 2 tbsp of Oil
- 1 egg
- Bread Crumbs
Chicken Marinade –
- Chicken fillets/thinly sliced
- Black pepper powder
- Red Chilli powder
- Garlic powder
- Garlic paste
- Olive Oil
- Firstly you need to prepare the chicken marinade and refrigerate for 3-5 hours.
- Ready the other ingredients and wash the leaves thoroughly before chopping them.
- Add the garlic paste into the hot pan with simmering oil, then add some celery and spinach. Only enough to fit into 1 chicken roll.
- Cook the vegetables for a 20 seconds then add 2-3 tablespoons of mozzarella into the pan. Let it melt and mix with the celery and spinach.
- Flatten out the marinated chicken and place the stir fried veggies with cheese in the middle.
- Now wrap to close the roll with the filling. You can either poke a tooth prick through it to keep it together. Or you can tie it with a string. It’s a stronger hold.
- Whip the egg in a bowl. Dip the tied up chicken roll in it.
- Quickly, cover it in the bread crumbs scattered on a plate. Make sure to cover it up nicely, to give it the perfect crispy texture.
- It’s ready to fry! Fry it well, don’t leave it rare. Also serve it immediately as the melting cheese it the best part.
- It’s ready to fry! Fry it well, don’t leave it rare. Also serve it immediately as the melting cheese is the best part.
Enjoy your Cheesy Chicken roll like I did.
Check out my Facebook page for little tidbits.