Remember my previous post on the Festive Food Fair, I forgot to mention 1 thing…the Mango Chips were a total success! Everyone loved it making them come back for more and more. There is something embarrassing about how I made profit with the 3 things I served.
I first set a price of 5 Baht for 5 mango chips on a plate
After the first 4-6 customers I noticed people were speedily coming in for more, it was in demand. It’s pretty exciting, because I loved this particular dish and I was sure everyone would too. Played out exactly the way I thought.
So guess what I did? I raised up the price to 10 baht for 5 mango chips per plate. People didn’t mind paying because it was worth it! It was sour and sweet and to give a twist of crispy by the potato pringle chips. Double taste & double texture makes a snack worth drooling over!
Now let me break this dish down for you. I made mango salad and served it on pringle chips, which held the salad perfectly thanks to it’s curvy shape. The mango salad obviously oozed out a lot of it’s juice making it soupy. However, to keep the snack crispy I made sure every time I spooned the salad on top of the chips I strained the juice. Otherwise, the chip would become soggy, not fun at all.
(Unfortunately I don’t have a good photo. It was made 40 minutes before the fair-so crazy rush)
Mango Salad Recipe:
- 3-5 mix of fully ripe and 50% ripe mangos
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp Chill Flakes
- 4-6 tbsp Grinded Peanuts (or powder as per choice)
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Shred the mangoes. Drain any juice out if any produced.
- Refrigerate it for 30 minutes till you prepare all the other ingredients ready to mix.
- Take a big mixing bowl with the peeled/shredded mangoes and add all the seasoning ingredients.
- Mix it up well! Have a taste and add according to your preference.
- Set out a plate with 5-10 hard/flat chips or pringle chips (the best ‘chip plate’) and add the mango salad on top of each. About 2-3 big not regular pinches.
- Time to indulge in this amazing homemade snack!
Are you drooling? because I am…I think I will have to make some for myself very soon 😛
Try it out foodies!!