It’s the christmas day! I just need another excuse to bake some goodies 🙂 It’s the perfect time. I wanted to even make Gingerbread Man Cookies, but kitchen got too full with mom wanting to cook her own things. So it can wait, till tomorrow ? Or later? Sure.
Well a very merry christmas to you all 🙂 I hope you all are feasting it up like a boss today with friends & family! I remember as a kid I was obsessed about having a christmas tree and socks…to get gifts of course. However, its not common for us, Indians, to be doing that unlike for others, it’s tradition. Anyhow, to feel a bit part of this festive season I baked marshmallow infused chocolate cupcakes.
I had a small bite which had a burst of strawberry, banana and chocolate flavors…I fell in love !
It is a super simple and quick recipe. Check it out below 🙂
- 1/2 cup unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature2
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil (melted coconut oil works too)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
Note: Buttermilk Substitute- 1 tablespoon vinegar and milk enough to fill 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Line a second pan with 2 liners – this recipe makes about 14 cupcakes. Set aside.
Make the cupcakes:
- Whisk the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth.
- Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the buttermilk. Gently whisk – about 5 stirs.
- Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and buttermilk. Stir until *just* combined; do not overmix. The batter will be a little thin.
- Pour/spoon the batter into the liners – fill only halfway to avoid spilling over the sides. Bake in batches for 18-21 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Additional Flavoring (optional):
- Melt marshmallow (flavored) in milk. Stir till a good consistency.
- Scoop open the cupcake and fill melted marshmallow! Refrigerate.
I think it’s my time to have more than just a bite.
Have a Blessed Christmas 🙂