I’m back with more food. I think I’m going crazy cooking and eating, but it’s okay, it’s holiday time 🙂 I’ll make sure to get back to my Gym Grind. Anyhow, so…sometimes us enjoying our chicken and meat gets a bit too monotonous. It gets boring for me at least, or I have my limit. So to break out of the non-vegetarian meals routine,a lot of the times we eat Indian or Thai vegetarian dishes.
Just like the name of this post “Fast Phat” is also a Thai veg dish. It is no official name, officially it’s called “Phat Phak” (Stir Fried Veggies). Now I called it “Fast” because it’s a quick dish to make and “Phat” which just means stir fried.
And since I went to the market day before, I had bought cabbage, baby corn, yardlong beans, coriander and some fruits. Well obviously I didn’t use everything but only 3 of those. So let me list things out 🙂
- 4-5 Baby Corn
- 1/4 of Cabbage
- 6-8 YardLong Beans/Chinese Long Beans
- 3-4 Kaffir Leaves (not necessary, but flavors the dish well!)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Fresh Basil
- 2 tablespoons of Grinded Green Chilli
- 2 tablespoons of Grinded Garlic
- 3 tablespoons of Mushroom Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Soya Sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoons of Sugar
- Optional – red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons of Oil
- 1 cup of water (No gravy/curry in your meal is no fun)
- Prepare all the ingredients. Dice the baby born, cabbage and long beans. Chop/Grind the garlic and chillis. Wash the kaffir leaves and basil. Get ready to cook!
- Heat oil in the frying pan. Add garlic and chilli. Stir the fragrant herbs are light brown.
- Add the diced baby corn, cabbage and long beans. Season them with mushroom sauce, soya sauce, salt and sugar (also Red Chilli optional).
- Stir fry the ingredients well together for 1 minute. Add kaffir leaves and basil, mix again.
- Finally, add water and mix the vegetables properly. Then cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes. This way all the vegetables are well-flavored.
It’s time to eat your very own Fast Phat
Note: If you really enjoy eating or making Thai Food, you should grind garlic and green chilli in bulk at one time. It is practically used in every dish. You can refrigerate it and use it when you need. Can save you some preparation time for the future 🙂