It’s a real thing! Most sundays I remember from my 25 years have been spent with family cooking, talking, laughing and just sleeping/resting. My mom or dad have always managed to cook up a feast with either chicken or lamb/mutton on a Sunday. They would either make a new dish or Rogan Josh or chicken curry (have variety of recipes). So this week my mom is not in town (attending a wedding in India) and I made sure to follow the tradition.
Sundays aren’t my favorite though…because every one is usually very lazy, but today was a funday. Today I cooked Chicken Curry with Curd. I couldn’t stop moaning with every bite I took. It was just so incredibly yummy and also unexpectedly awesome! I was just overwhelmed with happiness about the fact that
- My first time cooking Indian style chicken, which turned out GREAT!
- I can’t stop eating this
- OH MY GOD IT IS JUST SO GOOD
Do you sense my moment of pride? I understood what gloating means today. I even used this word today which is not part of my daily vocabulary.
I honestly think you all should try it out too!! You’ll love it (it’s not spicy). Ready? I’m ready to share…
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1 normal sized Grated Ginger or 2 tablespoons of Ginger Paste
- 5-10 Garlic Clove Paste
- 3 limes for fresh lime juice
- 2-4 tablespoons of Red Chilli powder
- 2-3 teaspoons of Cinnamon powder
- 2-3 teaspoons of Garam Masala (make it or buy readymade)
- 2-3 teaspoons of Salt
- 2-3 tablespoons of Curd/Hung Yoghurt
- 500 grams of Chicken pieces (legs and thigh into 3-4 big pieces)
Leave the marinated chicken overnight for BEST FLAVORED CHICKEN!!
Ingredients and Recipe for Chicken Curry:
5. Add diced onion to pan to sauté for 4-5 minutes with salt to taste. Sauté till golden brown like the photo below.
6. Add marinated chicken with high heat. Do not need to enter all the marinade (seasoning).
7. Add more red chilli powder, curd and Garam Masala.
8. Mix well and add 1 cup of water. Gravy/Curry is key to enjoy Indian style cooked chicken. Then put the lid to let it cook for another 5-7 minutes.
Always make sure to keep checking and stirring so nothing sticks or burns. Also all the water should not evaporate.
Finish! It’s time to feast like a boss with a smile 🙂 I hope you all indulge in this one!