It has been exactly 6 days since I’ve been home, Thailand (Angthong to be precise). It has also been 6 days of not annoying, speaking rubbish or ‘lounging’ with my salad bowl friends. A lot of it is hard to accept, but it’s part of the parcel. Fortunately, my friend, Fruity, is home after a year from Kalamazoo, which makes up for a lot! We surprised our friend (1st from us 4 to get married) with a bridal shower in Hugo Bar & Eatery. The place was perfectly situated with a private room for the event.
Then after a couple of days we attended her bachelorette at Hero Food & Gathering. The restaurant has a superhero, colorful and cozy. They even had props for us. The only downside was that menu was not all that enticing nor satisfying. Anyhow, friends and fun minus food was a good night.
Finally we realized that we still have not had Thai food her being back after a year and me…a couple of days. So I decided to cook up 2 dishes for dinner for three. First dish was Kai Phat Phric Kaeng (Red Curry Paste Chicken), which was so delicious. And the second dish was Green Curry which I had to spend no time cooking because I used the Rod Thai Green Curry Soup box. All you have to do is add vegetables and boil the soup.
It’s one of those few times when I actually enjoyed my own cooking or even ate what I made. The chicken dish we make at home is slightly different from the ones in restaurants, but it is too good! I don’t regret the bit where it’s different at all. Have a look..
Kai Phat Phric Kaeng (Stir Fried Chicken with Red Curry)-
- 500 grams chopped chicken breasts
- 5-7 chopped long beans
- 3 – 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (or more for spice)
- 2-3 tablespoon Fish sauce or Soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Mushroom Sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2-3 diced tomatoes
- 1-1.5 cup of water (as per choice)
- 2 tablespoon oil for frying
- Clean and ready all the ingredients.
- Add 2 tablespoon of oil to the frying pan on low heat.
- Then add the red curry paste to stir fry it. Sizzle and stir till you smell the flavor all over you.
- Now add the chicken and stir fry on high heat for 5-7 minutes, till it is cooked.
- Time to flavor some more by adding 2 tablespoons of Mushroom and Fish Sauce each (Soya sauce can also be used). Also add the sugar and tomato sauce.
- Stir fry the chicken with all the seasoning on high heat for 1-2 minutes till fully cooked. Top it of with the diced tomatoes and beans and kaffir leaves.
- Finally, add a cup of water. We always like some gravy, that’s why we always add water. It’s always more fun with a bit of soup.
- Cover the frying pan for at least 2-3 minutes for the water to get around nicely into the meat.
- IT IS TIME TO SERVE YOUR TUMMY 🙂
I hope you all try it out, it’s delish