I’m back with not much of a bang. Long boring exam days are boring me out of my mind. One exam got over so I’ve managed to get myself to the gym again, and realized something.
Something = Gym Gear
Basically there are particular things you really need to be hitting the gym right. No pun intended. If your clothes aren’t correct, you won’t feel so comfortable. If your shoes aren’t correct, you’re going to eventually hurt yourself. So it is quite important to realize these things aren’t just unnecessary expenditure but an investment, if you’re serious about gym/fitness/YOU.
Let me list out a few things you need, should have or do in order to be comfortable, and at your best at the gym or during your workout! 🙂
- Tights – shorts, 3/4ths or long (whatever you like)
I was always an Adidas fan, so I have Adidas workout wear – tights. For guys track pants or even football shorts are great. Light is key. Nike and other brands also provide you with real good tights, just depends on where you want to spend.
- Top – light weight, not massive (polyester material is best as its sweeps off sweat)
- Sports Bra (obviously, not for guys) this is MOST IMPORTANT-Leave your fancy ones in the closet and get your sports bra on! Racer back is a better choice in terms of support, which is required when you’re exercising.
- Shoes – running-oriented or simple trainers; make sure your feet feel heavenly in them 😛
- HAIR CONDITION – You don’t need it to be flying all around like you’re in a movie, just tie it up. A bun or a pony tail. To each their own. My choice changes according to my exercise, because my hair is too damn heavy to be surviving in a bun when I’m running – so ponytail it is.
- Water Bottle – You need to keep hydrating yourself in between exercises, otherwise your mouth will feel like a desert. Cold water is good, so if you can invest into a better-quality bottle then perfect.
- Phone, iPod for music and earphones that will stay where it needs to stay.
- A beautiful view? A pleasing view? A not-so-boring–view to ease your mind during an intense workout.